IAEM Annual Scientific Meeting 2009
The 2009 IAEM Annual Scientific Meeting took place in the Sheraton Hotel Athlone, Co. Westmeath. It was the Association’s most successful meeting to date with an excellent Academic & Research programme and enjoyable social events attended by a record number of participants.
IAEM/Leo Pharma Prize Awards 2009
These prizewinners received their awards at the IAEM Athlone meeting on Friday 15th October 2009.
Free Paper (Oral) Presentation
Blended Learning in the Emergency Department.
- Dr. Stuart Carr, Mr. John Ryan.
- Department of Emergency Medicine, St. Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin 4.
Poster Presentation – Adult Emergency Medicine
The introduction of an Emergency Department care pathway for patients presenting with Renal Colic.
- Dr. Vinesh Ramiah, Dr. Michael Sweeney, Dr. Adrian Gheiti.
- Department of Emergency Medicine, Sligo General Hospital.
Poster Presentation – Paediatric Emergency Medicine
Can the NICE UTI guidelines be adopted safely in an Irish Paediatric Emergency Department?
- Dr. Vicky Meighan, Dr. Sean Walsh, Dr. Ronan O’Sullivan.
- Department of Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin, Dublin 12.
IAEM sincerely thanks Leo Pharma for their continuing generous sponsorship of the prizes for each category.